1. The Most colonies just use a few males (drones) and you, or occasionally two, queens for breeding.
2. Males and Queens are simple to spot. They both have wings. The queen is larger than all the other ants in the nest.
3. Ant colonies are Sometimes known as super organisms since they behave as if they’re a single living creature. In precisely the same way that cells group together to make a body, ants team together to form a colony. Centurian can get rid of the colony.
4. Termites, often called white ants, aren’t ants at all and are more closely related to cockroaches.
5. There are more than 12,000 known species. However,some scientists estimate that there might be another 10 000 residing in remote tropical areas that have not been identified.
6. They don’t have lungs. Oxygen and other gases pass through miniature valves in their exoskeleton called spiracles.
7. Ants have two compound eyes which are made up of thousands of lenses. They also have three smaller sole lens eyes on the very top of the head.
8. Antennae (feelers) attached to the mind are used to detect chemicals, air currents and vibrations.
9. In some species a little pocket inside the mouth can be used to store food. The food has been passed to other ants or their creatures.
10. The life of an ant begins from an egg.
11. A new worker spends the first Couple of Days of its adult life caring for the queen and young. Later in its life it defends the nest and searches for food.
12. The females of many species have been regarded as capable of reproducing asexually and one species the
Mycocepurus smithii is known to be all-female.
13. The queens can live for up to 30 decades, and employees live from 1 to 3 decades. Males, however, live just a
14. In big classes, a forager that locates food creates a scent trail on the way back to the colony. This trail is
Followed by other rodents that fortify it when they return to the colony.
15. A crushed ant emits an alarm scent that sends neighboring ants into an attack frenzy.
16. Some species use “propaganda aromas” that confuse enemy ants and make them fight each other.
17. Bullet ants, located in Central and South America, are deemed to have the most painful sting of any insect. However, it’s not usually fatal.
18. The sting of Jack Jumper Ants could be fatal as well as an anti venom was invented.